Planning to travel this holiday season? You’re not the only one, in fact there are millions of people that will be joining you in the month of December. Add to that equation, minimally experienced travelers who can tend to further add to already stressful holiday travel. If at all possible, avoid the 5 worst days to travel during the holidays, according to Cheat Sheet.
- Friday, December 22, 2017 Christmas falls on a Monday this year, so leaving on a Friday makes for a nice long weekend. “You can count on December 22 to number among the worst travel dates in 2017.” If possible, try to leave a day or two earlier and beat the crowd and lines.
- Saturday, December 23, 2017 The 23rd is guaranteed to have long TSA security lines, lines for ordering food or using the restrooms, making this day especially painful for travel.
- Sunday, December 24, 2017 Last minute flights out for Christmas Eve surprises are sure to bring long lines and chaos, but also the added stress of potential flight delays and cancellations. Christmas at the airport? Not so festive.
- Friday, December 29, 2017 Ahh, Christmas has passed and it’s time to head home. You and everyone else! Try to return home from your Christmas celebrations early, or leave for your New Year’s getaway on the 28th or 30th!
- Tuesday, January 2, 2018 According to Cheat Sheet “SmarterTravel reports that January 2 will likely be the final worst day of the holiday season to be at the airport.”. If you have to travel after the new year and can extend your trip by a day or two, you can avoid the hassle that comes with traveling on this busy day and likely save on airfare!
Already booked travel on one of those dates? Here’s how you can avoid some of the stress:
- Two words: TSA Recheck Precheck lines tend to move more quickly than non-TSA lines. If you don’t have it now and travel a few times a year, it might be worth getting.
- DUFL Skip baggage check and baggage claim altogether and use DUFL to ship your luggage! And with our 99% reliability rate, you won’t have to worry about the airlines losing your bag. DUFL stores, cleans, packs and ships your luggage when you travel. Don’t want to store your items with us? Our Door to Door shipping service will make shipping your bag from your home and back as easy as 1-2-3.
- Use your phone for more than games and chatting. Take advantage of apps that are helpful when you travel- including in-terminal navigation, lounge finders, airline apps for flight status, boarding passes or flight changes, hotels, cars and restaurants.
Have you traveled during the holidays? Do you have a worst travel date to share or a best holiday travel tip? Leave us a comment!
Read the original article at cheatsheet.com (https://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/worst-days-to-fly-home-for-the-holidays.html/?a=viewall)